Summary: Results for 28 March to 26 April can be summarized as follows:
|Harrison Co Plastic Surgery||182||12||6.6%||$8.67||$104.08||3.2||58.3%||$20.82|
|Totals & Averages:||2,112||88||4.2%||$8.74||$768.90||2.9||33.0%||$13.03|
Account Manager Discussion:
- The Adwords account is consistently spending its daily budget. It has a low impression share of only 34%, meaning that 66% of the total searches for relevant keywords remain available for purchase. Impression share is calculated as the number of times ads were served divided by the number of relevant searches within Advertiser’s geographic market. An impression share of 66% implies that the budget would have to be increased from its present level of $25 per day, to about $75 per day, in order to serve ads for most relevant searches
- Impression share has increased since the prior period (less than 21% impression share last period), partially due to the Ad Manager’s efforts to consolidate ad spending to the best performing elements of the account.
- Adwords accounted for 19% of website traffic during this period, while Google organic search accounted for 32% of total website traffic.
- The website generates conversions from online forms and phone calls. Analytics shows that the account generated three form conversions during the period, with a form conversion rate of 3.4% which is significantly higher than our implied rate used in the Bid Limit analysis. Online conversions were generated by the following ad groups: 1 conversion for Body – Tummy Tuck; and 2 conversions for Breast – Implants.
Analysis of Conversions & Visits by Day of Week
|Day||Conv by day||Visits by day||Conversion Rate|
- Adwords had a bounce rate of 33% which is lower than the 46% bounce rate for the website as a whole.
- The best performing ad groups overall were Breast-Implants and Body-Tummy Tuck. They both recorded online conversions and are cheaper than average on a CpNetC basis.
- On a Cost per Net Click basis, the most expensive (and possibly also the worst performing ad group overall) is Harrison County Plastic Surgery with a bounce rate of 58.3%.
- Based on the conversion data for the past 9 weeks, for the overall site, it appears statistically that Tuesday and Wednesday are significantly better than average in terms of actual volume as well as rate of conversions.
- The weekend generates less traffic per day than during the week.
- However, what is very interesting about the Adwords data by day is that Tuesday CPC is the cheapest of all days!! The Tuesday CPC is $7.15 versus an average CPC of $8.74. Wednesday has the second lowest CPC. Clicks are most expensive on Saturdays, at $9.66.
- Mondays and Saturdays seem to generate significantly fewer conversions and these two days also have the lowest conversion rates.
- Google has incorporated a new element in its calculation of the quality score, the landing page load time should be less than 3 seconds, and it takes an average of 2 seconds for the Biloxi Plastic Surgery landing pages to load.
- In terms of all-time performance for the Google ads, 33 ads have converted so far. Seventeen of the 33 ads include the phrase, “See actual before & after photos” in line 2 of the ad (all ad groups include active ads with this phrase).
- Based on our Custom Attribute Ad Split Testing, we have determined that the word “experienced” outperforms the word “trusted” by a statistically significant factor: 39% better for CTR, and 45% better in terms of all-time conversions. The best performing ads may be those which include both phrases.
- Also based on our Custom Attribute Ad Split Testing analysis, we have determined that the ad content, “Safe & Affordable” has a slightly positive effect on CTR, but a significantly negative impact on conversions (50% less likely to convert than ads without this phrase).
- Last week we created local business ads for all ad groups; you can see these ads if you go to Google maps and type in a term like Biloxi Plastic Surgeons
- In the past week these new local ads have generated 28 clicks at an average CPC of $6.27. If you wish to make any revisions to the image or ads, let us know and we will be happy to help.
PPC Account Manager Recommendations:
- Webmaster: implement conversion tracking on this account.
- Site Owner: double the budget to $50 per day, allowing us to double the Adwords traffic for this account while still leaving plenty of leeway for pruning underperforming keywords.
For PPC Manager:
- Replicate the existing campaign in order to add one new Hi Spending campaign scheduled to run Tuesdays and Wednesdays, then turn off the existing campaign on Saturday and Monday.
- Eliminate Search Network for this campaign.
- If the budget allows for additional spending, also consider creating a Yahoo campaign since the Adwords search campaign is performing very well.
- Break the single term “abdominoplasty surgeons” and any closely related terms out of the Body-Tummy Tuck ad group and place them into a newly created separate ad group, with their own “abdominoplasty” text ads, targeting the Tummy Tuck page.
- Pause the Harrison Co Plastic Surgery ad group.
- Replace the word, “trusted,” with the word, “experienced,” for those ads which do not already include both terms.
- For all ads including the text, “Safe & Affordable,” revise text to complement other ads included in each respective ad group.