Make Your PPC Reports Beautiful
Regardless of how ingenious your recommendations may be, clients cannot be impressed with a Pay Per Click Report that looks like it has been thrown together by a 12 year old, while he had a burrito in the microwave.
PPC Report Checklist
Following are some Report Formatting Guidelines to follow for every PPC Report you submit:
- Combine tables when possible. If an advertiser uses Yahoo and Adwords, then summarize results in two tables, otherwise use one.
- Don’t allow tables to violate margins.
- Round all percentages to one decimal.
- Show dollars and cents for per click statistics; round all other dollar amounts to nearest dollar.
- Never submit any type of table which has no totals.
- Foot the totals 2x. Check the averages for reasonableness.
- When Google Analytics and Adwords data are different, generally use Adwords; however, mention the difference in the MDA.
- Follow above rounding conventions in the MDA. Don’t cite figures in the MDA which contradict summary table.
- Begin each recommendation by mentioning to whom the recommendation relates (Ad Manager, Webmaster or Advertiser).
- Include our default note on the bottom of each report.